7 Fun Ideas for Outdoor Exercise Now
If we’re heading into cooler months, is that any reason to avoid going outside?
We still benefit from fresh air and sunshine – and, really, is it THAT cold outside?
Here are just a few ideas to encourage you to go outside and MOVE YOUR BODY for a few minutes, at least.
1. Prep for a “fun run.” Lots of towns have 5K “turkey trots” over the holidays. They’re fun, social, and you can even walk as much as you want.
2. Double dip with outdoor/indoor. Pick a day to walk, jog or bike your way to work out with us, gaining the benefits of both.
3. Go for a walk. Enjoy the changing seasons via local parks and trails. Or drive to some nearby hills for a brisk hike.
4. Clean up the yard. Raking leaves provides great exercise – and you get to jump in the pile when you’re done!
5. Play outdoor sports. This could be a perfect time for golf, tennis, pickleball, and more. Don’t worry if it’s a bit brisk. You’ll get warmed up in no time.
6. Botanical gardens. When did you last enjoy the nearest similar attraction? Find a special season attraction and check it out.
7. Toss a football. Toss a frisbee. Toss a ball with the grandkids.
This will keep you grounded through the busy season ahead. Nothing feels better than exercise – except a little time outside.