Healthy Recipe, Yogurt and Frozen Berry Breakfast Parfait
Use frozen blueberries, raspberries or cherries here. All are packed with flavor and nutrients. And they begin to thaw to a sorbet-like consistency almost immediately. Combining them with thick, creamy Greek yogurt gives you the sensation of eating ice cream — plus protein and calcium. Choose plain so you can control the sweetness. Make it full fat to keep the hunger pangs at bay. Add nuts if you like. Serves 1. – Susan Puckett
· ½ cup (or more) frozen blueberries, raspberries, or a combination
· ½ cup (or more) plain full-fat Greek yogurt
· 1-2 tablespoons chopped pecans or other nuts, preferably toasted
· Honey, maple syrup, or agave for drizzling
1. In a parfait glass or bowl, layer the frozen berries with the yogurt.
2. Sprinkle with nuts, drizzle with sweetener of your choice, and eat immediately.
Susan Puckett is a cookbook author and former food editor of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Follow her at susanpuckett.com.