Healthy Recipe, White Bean and Tuna Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Tons of fresh basil brightens this easy vinaigrette. Make extra and drizzle it over grilled chicken, shrimp, and more.
· Kosher salt
· 12 oz. green beans, trimmed and halved
· 1 small shallot, chopped
· 1 c. lightly packed basil leaves
· 3 tbsp. olive oil
· 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
· 4 c. oak leaf lettuce or butter lettuce
· 1 15-oz. can small white beans, rinsed
· 2 5-oz. cans solid white tuna in water, drained
· 4 soft- or hard-boiled eggs, halved
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt, then green beans, and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a blender, puree shallot, basil, oil, vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper until smooth. Transfer half of dressing to a large bowl and toss with green beans. Fold in lettuce, white beans, and tuna and serve with remaining dressing and eggs.
Per serving: 340 calories, 16.5g fat (3g saturated), 31g protein, 770mg sodium, 24g carbs, 8g fiber